Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Pizza Dip


There is little I love more than football food. For this year's Super Bowl I wanted to try out some dips. This was a fun tasty little dip to compliment the last football game of the season. My next recipe will need to be some chocolate that I can eat as I console myself for the 7 month football drought I am starting to embark.

Ingredients 2 c tomato sauce
1 c (ish) ricotta cheese
chopped basil
chopped mozzarella cheese

Directions

1. Simmer tomato sauce in oven proof skillet until warm
2. Add dollops of ricotta cheese and heat until warm
3. Add chopped basil and mozzarella

4. Bake in oven at 350 until mozzarella is bubbly.
(The recipe also called for pepperoni but I didn't include it because I don't like it)

Serve with mini toast or bread sticks and keep sauce in the skillet.


Alternative serving suggestion:

The next day I reheated it in the microwave and then Brandon and I scooped it out onto the mini garlic toast and heated again for another 30 seconds or a minute. This softened the mini toasts and was really good. I think I liked it better this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment