Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Asian Market Hunt of '10: Target Identified



I have found my Asian Market, and I had no need to go to multiple markets looking for a decent one. I was talking to the departmental secretary, and she told me about Jungle Jim's in Ohio. Based solely on the website description (it will probably be a few weeks before I make it there myself), Jungle Jim's bears close resemblance to my idea of heaven: Forty varieties of rice, 78 types of olive oil, fine chocolates from the world's great chocolate makers, and, most amazingly, 1400 different cheeses!

As for the Asian department, they claim to have everything you need, "from soy sauce to rice vinegar to dried squid to kim chee and cans of caterpillars." Surely I can find what I need there. I can't wait to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment