Friday, July 9, 2010

Chicago

Day 1, Part 2 of Chicago

On our way back from Taste, Lindsay tries to take a jumping picture. Fail, Lindsay, fail.




She's better in front of the camera than behind it.




We went to a bar, got drunk (from one, overpriced drink), looked stunned, and snapped a picture. The third blogger wasn't invited, because she stopped blogging. We're punishing her.



Hey, remember how this is a food blog? Well, here's some food! We went to a restaurant in Wicker Park called Thai Lagoon. Steff got the yellow curry, because I asked her nicely. (I wanted the pad thai.) She even got it mild for me. It was yummy, but my mouth was aflame.



I ordered my pad thai "as bland as possible." The waiter kind of sneered and said, "Well, we call it no spice, as bland would suggest no taste." But I forgive him, because he has watched Kate & Allie and didn't act like it was a weird thing to ask of him. My companions hadn't even heard of it.

1 comment: