Saturday, May 21, 2011

Baked Beans

I went to a potluck type dinner thing this week, and I was assigned baked beans. Melissa has some yummy baked beans, but I didn't plan enough in advance to get her recipe. I looked something up online, but I don't remember where I got it from, and I changed it anyway.

Here goes:

Ingredients
2 cans baked beans (yes, you're baking baked beans. get over it.)
1 sweet onion
2 cups brown sugar
bacon (I used pork jowl bacon - yum)
tabasco sauce (the recipe I saw online called for chili sauce, but tabasco is what I had)
mustard


Directions
Cook the bacon & crumble it.  Mix together all ingredients to taste.  Cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour at 350 degrees.


I forgot to take a picture.  Here was what was left!  I actually thought when it came out of the oven that it tasted kind of funny, but people love love loved it.  And I think by the time I got to my location the flavors had time to "marry," or whatever it is flavors do.

No comments:

Post a Comment