Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Theme Cooking - Tortillas


I really need a professional food photographer to help me out here. This theme cooking is based on the book Barefoot Heart about a girl who grew up in a migrant working family. Her mother made homemade tortillas three times a day, every day for a family of eight. I'm willing to bet her tortillas were prettier than mine. I recommend the book. In addition to giving an interesting glimpse into the life of a migrant worker, the book is told in two different voices. Most of it is told from her perspective as a child. The end is told from an adult perspective, and the story is a shade different.

The tortilla recipe is the one Steff gave me here. The carrots and mushrooms are not Mexican, but it's what I had around the house. The carrot recipe is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment